This is Gracchus
and this is loud.
Vocals, Guitar / Bernhard Schnellmann
Drums, Vocals / Allan Murphy
Bass / Marcel Bütikofer
Guitar, Vocals / Jeff Elrose
As a child, he played the violin and the piano, as a teen, Bernhard Schnellmann discovered his passion for the guitar. Playing in a band during his high school years, he realized very soon that this was what he wanted to do in his life.
So off he went to the USA to attend the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles to get his AA in Music Performance in Guitar. To live the dream of being a musician.
Heavily influenced by Metallica, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold and all of this American heavy rock goodness, he wanted to form his own band. His vision was to focus on that said heaviness, but without any glamour influences and instead just raw and honest music.
With those ideals and one of Kafka’s short stories in mind, Bernhard formed Gracchus together with his friend Allan Murphy, in the year of 2015. Since then, Allan, a singing, incredibly talented drummer (who, by the way, also plays the bass and the guitar extraordinarily well) helps shaping the sound of Gracchus with his sense of rhythm and his great musical ear.
Marcel Bütikofer joined Gracchus after listening to the demos that Bernhard had recorded during his stay in the US and was immediately on board. By now, the man with a brown belt in karate is well known for his groovy bass lines and his winning stage presence.
Lastly, the search for a second guitar player began – which turned out to be somewhat of a challenge. Finding a dedicated member who is disciplined enough to practice and show up when needed proved to be a bigger task than expected. Finally, in the summer of 2017, Jeff Elrose came to Switzerland to write songs, play gigs and practice with the band. The New Jersey native and Bernhard had known each other since their studies in Los Angeles, where they discovered their musical as well as their personal compatibility. After two and a half months of intesively working together, the whole band was convinced that they had finally found the ideal fourth wheel of Gracchus.
Our newest video is NOW on YouTube. A collage of everything that has happened to us over the past three years. Sometimes things go unseen and unheard. We pour everything into our music, make sacrifices in our personal lives to continue to do what we love.
This is our take on Black Sabbath’s Into the Void. We hope you get to know the way we see and experience Gracchus and understand what this band is all about.
We’re not kidding around.
Sometimes the tougher road is worth travelling.
Cheers to what’s about to come!
Our new EP "Cluttered and Crowded" will drop on September 28!
Pre-order your copy here.
Ever wonder what Bernhard, Allan, Mäsi and Jeff listen to? Here you go:
Our new live video, recorded at our first gig in Liechtenstein, is now online.
New songs in the making... Stay posted!
Check out our interview in today's edition of the "Zuger Woche"!
- Dec 6, 2019 TBA Dec 6, 2019
- Dec 15, 2016 Zuger Sessions Dec 15, 2016
- Nov 12, 2016 Eine Szene geht Fremd 2 Nov 12, 2016
- Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 5, 2016 Rock im StuZ Nov 4, 2016 – Nov 5, 2016
- Aug 7, 2016 OpenAir Malans Aug 7, 2016
- Jun 11, 2016 Met-Bar Lenzburg Jun 11, 2016
- May 6, 2016 Kunstcafé Wil May 6, 2016
- Mar 12, 2016 Supporting Divlje Jagode Mar 12, 2016
- Mar 11, 2016 Bluemoon Musix Night 2016 Mar 11, 2016
- Dec 19, 2015 Neue Zuger Welle Dec 19, 2015
- Nov 5, 2015 Konzertfabrik Z7 Nov 5, 2015
- Oct 15, 2015 WAHU!Bar Oct 15, 2015
- Oct 9, 2015 Insomnia Fest Oct 9, 2015
- Sep 26, 2015 Memphis Bar Sep 26, 2015
- Aug 29, 2015 Neugasshof Rockbar Aug 29, 2015
- Aug 28, 2015 Rock the Docks Aug 28, 2015
- Aug 22, 2015 Rampe Openair Aug 22, 2015
- May 23, 2015 Podium 41 May 23, 2015
- May 16, 2015 Rock Night im StuZ May 16, 2015
- May 13, 2015 Grill me im Famous, Irchel Fest May 13, 2015